Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jewelery shopping in Jaipur and Delhi

Hi ladies,
It's just the beginning of December and it's sooo cold here. What will happen in Jan??? Hope I don't freeze..he he:)) How is the weather in your cities??
Anyways we'll see....Today I'm not reviewing any product. So guess what?? Recently I had gone to Shimla and Jaipur. So my shopping not only consisted of makeup stuff but also some jewelery. I love collecting antique and traditional jewelry. So here are some sets on which I spent quite lot of money but they all were fabulous so couldn't stop myself from doing so. Check it out and hope you like it-



A pair of lovely golden brown earrings. I bought it in Jaipur. It was for Rs 1000 but after bargaining a bit I got it in Rs 800. 1000 was too much. Isn't it?? But they are my favourite...GORGEOUS!!
If you love the design of these and want to learn how to make your own, you may be interested in taking online classes in design.


And just see this one. Such a pretty one. This one was also from Jaipur.
Price- Rs 1100. It gives such a pretty traditional look.

This one is in silver. It's a stylish one and again from Jaipur.
Price- Rs 2500. I found it a bit pricey but anyways as it is silver it had to be.



This one was from Shimla and looks quite stylish.
Price- Rs 250

Awww look at this....it's really gorgeous!! A back hairpin with studded stones. Love it but not the price...he:) Rs 750. This one is from Delhi.

Ohhh i love this one. I was fascinated when i saw it in the shop. It's not heavy but the elegance suitable for sari or suit. Its delicate design makes it more beautiful. The cost of this set is not much. It is of 3000 Rs. and main thing is the 75% resell value of this set, so I'm happy about the price. I got this too from Delhi.
I'm crazy about Rajasthani jewelries, wanted get more, but...anyway next time.
I think these traditional jewelries bring me much closer to my country's culture and tradition. You can easily consider me a cultural and traditional person, especially the Rajasthani and Mughal culture attract me very much. Whenever I went to see the Taj Mahal , Red Fort or Hawa Mahel, I was totally fascinated and mesmerized. A strange feeling tied me as i remembered about them...ohhh you must be thinking that I'm crazy. So leave this topic, hope you like this post. I'll really want to know about your views.
Have a great week:))
SHARE:

40 comments

  1. Gorgeous jewelry! I love the silver necklace.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Val..and thank you so much..ya ..i love this too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey rakhshanda, low the jewels that you bought especially the green one from delhi...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning, fab pieces! wow! i so envy you. am soooooo in love with the last piece!exquisite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing stuff! I quite liked the neck pieces in the 2nd& 3rd Pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Soft, Sweet and Gentle-thanks honey

    @Indianmakeupways- thank you anju.

    @ Tanveer- thank you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I love it all! Oh how i wish I can go to Delhi and get my hands of gorgeous finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't want to look idious if I'm not right but these (I hope) indian traditionnal piece of jewelery always amazes me! The details on them are just so gorgeous, it would make anyone who wears it feels special:) I love your culture, it's so rich and fascinating :)

    Marie
    marielovesmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love ur jewelery esp the necklace in the second pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow amazing stuff, love the hair pin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning!

    Here in southern Germany, it has been snowing all morning long. We have 2° celsius, so it's not too cold.

    Beautiful pieces, well bought! Enjoy them!

    I wish you a happy day.

    Britta

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS: I'm not sure if my first comment has been submitted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the necklace & earring set from Jaipur (2nd pic) best. I too love collecting jewellery, especially ethnic pieces. Whenever there is any exhibition of jewellery or other items, I always buy a few pieces. And I don't mind spending more money on these, they're completely worth it. Really good post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow beautiful pieces!!! so detailed!!

    taylor

    have a great monday!

    ps. stop by:
    http://taylorlartiste.blogspot.com/2010/12/giveaway-come-join-in-matching-earrings.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Aranza: Thanks...if you ever happen to visit India, first you should go to Jaipur for these jeweleries...they have amazing jeweleries.

    @albastrikmik, bsd, Taylor, L, Madiha- Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Poohkie- I agree!!

    Rentu- Thanks..I like it too:))

    Britta- 2 degrees...pretty cold...day before we had 5 degrees in Dehradun and it was freezing!!

    Marie- Thanks Marie, our culture is really magical!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, beautiful jewels! And you don't have to worry about someone you know owning the same pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore those first earrings! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for stopping by! =)

    Love the jewelries!! <3 I especially like the 3rd one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pieces of jewelery!
    Thank you sooo much for your sweet comment! It made me smile :)

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Speaking of cold, it's freezing here in Northeast in the States, I could barely step out of my house in the morning, but I'm also scared to get fired lol You have one of the prettiest accessories collection I've ever seen! Love all of them!

    Have a sparkling day! (:

    Sanny's Head to Heart

    ReplyDelete
  22. these are so beautiful! and its freezing here and by freezing i mean -15!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful jewelries - love them - here in germany - not so far from the netherlands we got 20 cm snow and it is very cold - i am freezing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. those are beautiful! very bollywood =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Ansa, Hannah- Thank you guys!!

    @ Rinz, jadore- Hey thanks:))

    ReplyDelete
  26. @ DieKriegren- Thanks! So cold there.

    @ Fashion Ice- -15 that's sooo cold!!

    @ Sanny- Thank you sooo much dear!

    @ R May A, Miss Pukku, Kasia- Thanks honey:))

    ReplyDelete
  27. loved the 2nd red 1...very pretty !!
    nice haul...

    ReplyDelete
  28. its freezing cold across e UK lol been around a few cities&its just too cold anyhoo beautiful jewels u got,love them all..nice choices

    ReplyDelete
  29. Blog beautiful.harika çok sewdim blogunu.izleyicin oldum.thank you.kısses

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely pieces... Especially love the last one...!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. god!!such beautiful jewellery:).*Deep sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jaipur- the most vibrant city of Rajasthan has a lot to offer to its visitors besides its rich heritage, culture, and tradition. Dating back to its cultural roots, colours and taste for fashion, Jewellery and crafts, Jaipur this year is initiating a Royal Shopping Festival to delight all those who love shopping.

    The Jaipur Shopping Festival (JSF), an annual shopping spree, is aimed to revitalize the bazaar culture of India showcasing the finest handlooms, handicrafts, Jewellery, food, clothes, accessories, and much, much more and that too of specifically Rajasthani touch. As the auspicious occasion of Diwali kick off with the onset of Navratras, a caravan of top-notch shops in all major market of Jaipur brings in products from every corner of India to participate in the Jaipur Shopping Festival.

    During JSF, bazaar owners offer deep discounts on their merchandise, daily mega raffles are drawn, fashion shows and cultural performances dazzle Jaipur’s social life. Tourists from all around the world are lured not only for Jaipur’s diversified shopping spree, but also for all of the events or activities that take place during the festival.

    Inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan on 16th Oct, the Jaipur Shopping Festival promises a lot of fun, frolic, entertainment, decked up bazaars and exclusive shopping to fascinate and delight all kinds of shoppers. The festival will end on 13th Nov.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig